Chapter 1. What is Software Outsourcing and Why It’s Now Not Only about the Price
Chapter 2. How to Сhoose the Сountry, Outsourcing Partner and Business Model
Chapter 3. Let’s Start a New Project: the Set-up Process
Chapter 4. Step 1. Business Analysis and Design Are Key
Chapter 5. Step 2. Software Development: Quality Is a Must
Chapter 6. Step 3. Testing and Support for the Result
Chapter 7. FAQ about Outsourcing Software Development
1. What do I need to do before contacting the outsourcing company?
You need to have a clear vision of the future product. What purpose will it serve?
Prepare the BRD and set your requirements to make the development process easier for both sides. It should include a basic version of the specification with a defined goal, user personas, mock-ups or user stories, time frame, project status and budget estimation.
2. How can outsourcing help my company?
Companies outsource for cost-reduction purposes. But this is not the only reason. It is also about enjoying the benefits of accessing skilled expertise, flexible staffing, reducing working time and eventually increasing efficiency.
3. Should I create a mobile or a web app?
Everything depends on your business needs. Mobile apps might be more expensive but can provide you with many more data-collecting and monetization capabilities than web applications.
4. Why should I choose to outsource and not hire my own team?
The recruitment process is time-consuming and the costs of keeping an in-house programming team are very high.
5. What happens after the company finishes my app?
Your outsourcing partner can provide you with technical support and app maintenance.
6. Will a project manager be assigned to me as a contact person? Will he/she be available throughout the time the software is being developed?
Yes. All customers are assigned a project manager, who serves as a guide during the whole development process.
7. We have a business analyst and a web designer in our company and we just want to hire a developer. Why is it better to hire the same specialists from the software development partner?
Hiring the whole team from one outsourcing partner makes the development process more productive, as all the specialists work hand-in-hand under the guidance of one project manager. Most of the time when technical issues arise during the development process, it is easier to manage a team that works under one roof.
8. How can I be sure that the code I will get from an outsourcing company is high quality and reliable?
An outsourcing company should have a good team of quality assurance specialists, who systematically check for any bugs or deviations from the technical requirements. Make sure to include quality requirements into the software development agreement before signing it.