We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in software design and development to work in a team that will implement next generation features. This engineer will work with an outstanding team of engineers with the goal of delivering a premier IP-based satellite communication product making it possible to deliver voice, video and data connectivity anywhere in the world.
Our teams use Scrum for Agile software development, and as such we work in diverse teams where thoughts and ideas are shared and collaboration is actively encouraged. This gives team members the opportunity to work across products and get to understand exactly how products operate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline is preferred.
- Strong problem solving and communications skills
- Must be a self-motivated individual with technical leadership potential and proven success in a structured development environment
- Possess the ability to proactively drive technical solutions in a collaborative environment
- Good software design skills using proven and best practice design methodologies & related principles; Strong command of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming techniques
- Demonstrated experience in developing quality and maintainable software
- Hands-on experience developing, designing and testing multi-threaded and multi-process applications on Linux, with strong working knowledge of C++
- Good understanding of networking and network protocols (TCP/IP)
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
Position Specific Requirements
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing C++ software applications
- 5+ years of experience programming in Linux
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, OOD/OOP
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Good understanding of the iOS platform and knowledge of iOS apps life cycle
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced development environment
- Working experience with tools such as GDB and Valgrind
- Experience with version control system (such as git) strongly desired
- Scripting using shell scripting or Python.
Gross annual salary: up to 60K + benefits
Work-related courses, certifications, and books
English classes several times a week
Opportunity to work remotely in an international environment